Thursday, June 12, 2008

Mass Transportation

As gas prices continue to go up, owning a car becomes less and less attractive to me. The only problem is that if you don't have a car (and you don't live in a big city) you're out of luck. But what if you didn't need to own a car.

Whenever I go into Chicago, I take the train. It's just easier. I pay my bill and take a quick nap while I wait for me stop. The only thing I am responsible for is knowing the schedule. I love it.

What would it be like if we had the option to not drive. What if everywhere you wanted to go there was a subway, a train, or a city bus that would take you there? To me the idea sounds like it would be great!

The only catch is by buying into mass transit we lose a bit of our independence. But would that be ok if it means we become unaddicted to our gas guzzling vechiles. It's not that I am anti-personal transportation, but the issue is we're addicted.

No comments: