Monday, January 26, 2009

Does God have everything planned out?

The next few months are a little up in the air for Steph and I as hopefully (fingers crossed) I’ll be graduating from seminary, and we’ll be moving on to a new place. It’s a really intense time, questioning where we should go, how to know, whether a place will be the right place, and seeking “God’s plan for our life.”

This has led me to think deeply on this point...does God really have everything planned out?

At some level everybody asks this question. Is everything already decided? Is there a perfect path that we need to be looking for? Is God guiding me through life towards a specific destination, with well-defined life goals? If the answer to any of these is yes, my next question is how can we know?

I’d like to take a look at 3 Bible passages: Jeremiah 29, Genesis 2, and Matthew 15. read the rest...

1 comment:

Phil Strahm said...

The last paragraph was very important...and I agree with you on that. I will say I haven't studied those 3 passages enough to properly reflect on them.

I talked to Dilly last week and he said you two had a long talk on open theism, etc.

Good post